THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE LANCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENT NEWSPAPER:
NEWS, REVIEWS AND COMMENTARY, COURTESY OF THE PAPER TRAIL

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Counting to 900

My terror of large natural bodies of water and the things that live beneath them has been well documented for years [in short: I hate large natural bodies of water and the things that live beneath them], and the subject of much mockery among people who know me.

"That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, what are you so afraid of?"
"Whales, mostly."
"Whales? Sharks I could understand, but whales? That's just f**king stupid."
"I'm telling you, if I was swimming of the coast of Labrador and that big ass tail broke the water next to me, you would hear the snap in my brain. That's it. Batshit crazy."
"That would never happen."
"I just don't like things that could swallow me in one bite."
"That would never happen."


Oh wouldn't it, ne'er do wells? You know, I was almost ready to believe you. I was almost ready to admit my fear irrational. Then I saw this.
















Via.

Yup. One day you're out kiteboarding peacefully, next thing you know the goddam whales are turning on you.

Who's insane now, you assholes?