THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE LANCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENT NEWSPAPER:
NEWS, REVIEWS AND COMMENTARY, COURTESY OF THE PAPER TRAIL

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Holy Crap, The World!

Allow me to take a moment from re-ripping my CD collection [is there a more tedious enterprise?] to peek my head at the world outside, Windsor.

I suspect the Lance website has been slow on its update in an effort to shake me from my iTouch euphoria. Well played, comrades.

Locally, and of interest to me, is the news that Lancer football coach Mike Morencie has had some choice words for city councillor [and blogger] Alan Halberstadt after Halberstadt made some posts calling for Morencie's exit after the Lancers were eliminated from playoff contention last weekend in a 40-11 loss against McMaster.

Halberstadt says the Lancer football team should have been able to accomplish more with a top gun like running back Daryl Stephenson, and is embarrassing the university by getting beat in their fancy new, $10-million stadium, which is rarely filled.

Also of note is the speculation from Guelph reporter Greg Layson posted his own blog alleging Athletics Director Gord Grace could be taking over the head coach position next season [Morencie is less than halfway through a four-year contract].

I'll refrain from commenting on whether Morencie should stay or go [I like him, but have no idea if he's been an effective coach or not], I am a little disappointed that Halberstadt has ducked the invitation to engage Morencie directly in discussion. It doesn't exactly help the impression that some have about bloggers as nothing more than reclusive misanthropes lobbing irritated missives at people bigger than them. It's unfortunate, I generally like Halberstadt, and am pleased that he's embraced newfangled technologies like his blog in a town not known for embracing future trends that much.

Elsewhere...

Tokyo broom shop hasn't had a customer since 1972.

Oh, I can't help myself: New York magazine analyzes the "final undoing of Sarah Palin." Still not enough for me to believe Obama can win.

Related, for all my white people: David Sedaris discusses undecided voters. In the New Yorker. Stream that on NPR and the caucasian trifecta is officially in play.

Quickest way to ice your chances of sex on Halloween: Amazing Transformers costume.

And, for my man D.Bresson, Extreme Championship Wrestling play-by-play man Joey Styles calls figure skating.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Hollywood said...

BTW today is your Jesus box's birthday.
It turned 7.
Go buy it some music.

11:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home