THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE LANCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENT NEWSPAPER:
NEWS, REVIEWS AND COMMENTARY, COURTESY OF THE PAPER TRAIL

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Word From Your Robot Overlords

Only Gord Henderson could fan the flames of class war during a labour dispute in a town as union friendly as Windsor.

I figured it was only a matter of time until he started griping about the WUFA strike, and he doesn't disappoint in today's edition, comparing the luxury living status of Windsor Faculty [even on strike pay] with the hard knock life of the city's rapidly declining industrial sector.

Even if I agree with the Hend-O-Tron 4000's larger point [my new theory on Gord is that he's become so bloated by his 'large fish/small pond' status that he's had robot duplicates of himself doing his columns. Look at the cold dead eyes of his staff photo and tell me I'm lying], which I do [it's probably time for unions to tighten the belt more than their willing to, there are bigger forces at work in the world at this particular moment], I love that the man, who is still holding a grudge at the university for kiboshing the downtown campus plan last year make no mistake, is chiding people with PhD's for the money they make.

You know Windsor, I'm well aware of my station in life, yet I feel no petty rage with someone at a university making $100,000 a year, because to my mind they earned it. Someone with less education taking a whopping pay cut down to $20.50 an hour? Open those jobs up, the factories won't have to outsource anywhere; there's plenty of discounted labour in this country that will gladly take it. Hmm, so maybe I'm fanning the class war now.

Talk about a cocoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home