THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE LANCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENT NEWSPAPER:
NEWS, REVIEWS AND COMMENTARY, COURTESY OF THE PAPER TRAIL

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Trail's Music Club

This weekend the Rock the Bells Tour hits Toronto, and the Trails will....not be attending, since I have to work, and couldn't have booked it off due to the show I'm playing the previous Friday. It's at Phog. Around 11. Had I told you yet? Oh, right.

Anyway, the lineup includes underground heroes like Spank Rock and Murs, as well as all time greats like Nas and a Tribe Called Quest. But the one reason I'm sad I won't be at the show is that it features the reunion onstage of all four members of The Pharcyde.

I'm sure I've mentioned before how much I enjoy the Pharcyde. Passing Me By was unlike any song [or video] I'd heard before, and Labcabincalifornia is an album I continually revisit. As recently as 2005 they were still making appearances, with Bootie Brown spitting a verse on Gorillaz' jam Dirty Harry. But it's been over a decade since all four members were onstage together.

So in honour of such a momentous occasion, I present the video for Drop, off of Labcabin, directed by Mr. Spike Jonze.



Like I said, it's been slow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home