THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE LANCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENT NEWSPAPER:
NEWS, REVIEWS AND COMMENTARY, COURTESY OF THE PAPER TRAIL

Monday, June 16, 2008

Welcome to Monday

What a day. Worked a bizarre 2-7 after getting up early to attend the Canadian Book Expo for free [added perk of working in the bookseller trade], and then to IKEA with the Lady to get some small items for the house, your man is pooped, Windsor. I mean, I could thrill you with observations on the book retail industry, but you have lives, so I'll spare you.
So what more do you need than an effectively choreographed rendition of Michael Jackson's Thriller performed by Darth Vader and Storm Troopers, filmed at the annual Star Wars weekend at Disneyland? Nothing, that's what.



So much nerd in one sixty second clip. Speaking of nerds, I'm almost finished Benjamin Nugent's American Nerd, a social history of the nerd image, its historical roots and how it came to be known, played straight down the middle, pretty objectively. I'll report back when I finish it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home