THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE LANCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENT NEWSPAPER:
NEWS, REVIEWS AND COMMENTARY, COURTESY OF THE PAPER TRAIL

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Taking Stock Before Bed

How was Hockey hangover, Windsor? I truly wish I could have been there with you. Judging from my IM chat with Hollywood, who mentioned the blaring of car horns outside his office, y'all did it up proper likes. I wouldn't have expected anything less.

Elsewhere, Gord's back on the 'pro' side for Windsor's seedier venues, touting last weekend's Red Bull Air Race as a boon for numerous downtown businesses, including the Million Dollar Saloon, and how one local business owner made friends with some guys from Chicago who had such a good time in "party city" they've already rented rooms for fireworks night. I'm lazy, someone please go find me a column at Super Bowl time where he railed against people who thought Windsor was nothing but a place to score Cuban cigars and hand release massages.

Related [sort of], because I love to give credit to anyone who gives Gord a flagging, Chirs Schnurr points out all the ways Henderson's recent column on bridge crossings in France and China misdirects the public. The piece in question was written in response to the growing tensions between the city and the province over the border issue [DRIC v. Greenlink, but I'm not even going to go into it here]. Point being: Gord seems to think China's human rights and environmental records can be given a freebie because they know how to build a bridge. I'm sure the labourers who built said bridge were adequately compensated, too.

Kudos to the commenter on that thread who numerically lists all the ways Henderson's become a cheap propagandist. A farce, really.

Enough of Gord, let's turn our attention to what really matters to you: how to siphon gas from a new car with a filter block. Happy theft!

Ray Kurtzweil [the man who inspired Our Lady Peace's Spiritual Machines album and who I've had beef with since he proposed a computer that could write original poetry] tells us the future is actually here now. Forget the rocket car, if you last til the Singularity, you could live foreeeeever!

It's probably shenanigans, but until I hear otherwise, it's the saddest thing on the internet.

That just makes me want to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home