THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE LANCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENT NEWSPAPER:
NEWS, REVIEWS AND COMMENTARY, COURTESY OF THE PAPER TRAIL

Monday, April 28, 2008

The Bitter with the Sweet

On the one hand, in a scant 14 hours I'll be lined up outside the Yorkdale EB Games to pick up that thing I may have mentioned once or twice. Midnight release, and all. I'll try to snap some video, provided the crowd in attendance is a nerdy crowd and not a thug/mook crowd.

On the other, before I do that I need to swing by the local discount public accountant and file my taxes. Not saying I'm an expert, but I'm guesstimating they will tell me I owe the government about $1,500. Thank you for not taking off any taxes this year, Lance!

Throw in a closing shift at work today and that doesn't leave me with a lot of time to give you what you need, Windsor. And not to get all 'Hogtown is the centre o the universe' on you, but I don't know what happened this weekend that would come close to the sheer horror of the TTC walking off the job with an hour's notice on a Friday night. We were at a friend's house downtown for a Guitar Hero party [important note: we never go anywhere at night, unless it's around the corner to Blockbuster] when someone got a text at 11.30 saying the TTC was back on strike at midnight. Thankfully one of my associates gave us a ride all the way back to our neighbourhood, even though they lived on the other side of the city, but if no one had gotten a text or phone call, we would have wandered off like nothing was wrong.

There's no point in even going into it, it's been well established all over that it was a bullshit move by the union, no one needs me to reiterate it.

Anyhoo, just wanted you to know why today's content might be a little light, owing to my busy schedule. That said, I'm off to get my reaming by the government. I'll be sure to update you later with our annual Rick Mercer video on the subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home