THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE LANCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENT NEWSPAPER:
NEWS, REVIEWS AND COMMENTARY, COURTESY OF THE PAPER TRAIL

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Back From the Largest LCBO I've Ever Seen

Let's get a move on, y'all are delaying my mahem.

I'm not going to weigh on the ethics of the massive culling of double-breasted comorants on Middle Island today, but I do take issue with the sentence that mentions the dead birds will be left on the ground. Good Lord, humanity, if you're gonna shoot the things, at least clean them up.

Elsewhere: Gordon Ramsay explains how to make perfect scrambled eggs. The 'Hell's Kitchen' tyrant has been making the rounds lately to shill his latest book. He was up here at the Eaton Centre while I was waiting in line for GTA. Apparently it was madness. And gents, I'm not going to say this will for sure impress a girl brought home from the bar the next morning, but it ain't going to hurt.

A while ago I bemoaned a Toronto blogger who tore down, page by page, a new magazine entry into the nerd/dork/otaku market. I couldn't understand where he found the time. Clay Shirky, author of the hot book 'Here Comes Everybody', tells me how. It has something to do with gin. And sitcoms.

Hitchcock was right!

Slate puts the argument over GTAs sex and violence into perspective. In short: it's not gratuitous, because you can feel the toll it takes on Niko's soul. Deep man, and the sort of narrative not found in many videogames.

Speaking of which, I'm diving back in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home