THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE LANCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENT NEWSPAPER:
NEWS, REVIEWS AND COMMENTARY, COURTESY OF THE PAPER TRAIL

Thursday, March 13, 2008

With a Sore Back and an Upset Stomach, The State of the World

Apologies for the lack of update yesterday, Windsor, but on the way back from Tampa yesterday [we'd gone to see the musical Jersey Boys] I got deathly ill at dinner. We're talking fever/chills, puking, the works. We can chalk it up to either too much casual drinking of Keystone Lights, or the fact that the mean age of the audience at the show was 63, and I caught some strange 24 hour elderly virus.

Plus, the bed I'm sleeping on this week is guaranteeing I'll need to visit the chiropractor when I get back. Do me a favour: if you see me on the street, step on my back for me.

The mothership has the full story on the resignation of the Electoral Monitoring Committee and what it means to the upcoming election, though I'm sure the cocverage still pisses somebody off. Long story short: online voting was advertised as a method of voting, yet was never approved by council. A new EMC was promptly formed, including ol' standy [and former UWSA Prez] Jeff LaPorte as one of its members. I don't know about you, but I always feel more at ease with a LaPorte working with council.

But the story I'm more interested in is the one about the increased security for Sports Weekend, as different bar owners and representatives try to argue it isn't a black thing.

And that's unfortunately about all I have in me at this time. I need to go stretch my back out and spend some time on the toilet. Not as long as this woman, but close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home