THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE LANCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENT NEWSPAPER:
NEWS, REVIEWS AND COMMENTARY, COURTESY OF THE PAPER TRAIL

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The State of the World

The one day something interesting happens that I am witness to [the cleanup, anyway], and I don't have my camera on me. Such is the continuing comedy of my life, Windsor. Let's see if you're doing any better.

Well the federal Liberal finance critic assured an audience that federal finds for Essex Engine would be likely should the Grits win the next national election. Unclear whether that money would still make its way down if Brian Masse is re-elected.

Damn, it feels good to ride transit.

After primary victories in Wisconsin and Hawaii, Barack Obama has a target on his back from both sides of the political landscape, with Hillary Clinton and John McCain both taking their shots at him, primarily over his relatively short time in office.

Good, yet odd: Stanford University drops tuition completely for students who's families make less than $100K per year. I could totally go to Stanford. I guess you can do that when everyone else is paying $75K per year to go there.

Follow up: While Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf conceded defeat in the election, that doesn't necessarily mean he'll step down as prez anytime before 2012. Mayan calendar theorists, start your crazytalk.

Not that I've ever watched the show [I find it boring as hell] but some of you might be pleased to learn Mythbusters is taking the MacGyver challenge for its 100th episode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home