THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE LANCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENT NEWSPAPER:
NEWS, REVIEWS AND COMMENTARY, COURTESY OF THE PAPER TRAIL

Monday, February 04, 2008

The State of the World

Aaaaaand, we're back. Unfortunately, Gord's gone back to bitching about the border and the "latte-sipping Toronto bastion" the McGuinty Liberals rule from.

Now that I enjoy. As though nobody in Windsor has ever drank a latte before. No, but I love the idea lifelong Windsorites have that gold falls from the sky in Toronto, all you have to do is reach out and grab it. I used to be that way too, my friends; I know that which I speak. But hear me now, as I was reminded of it again today: if you want to see poverty, ride the Bloor line. That's all I'm saying.

What with the traditional Catholic season of Lent almost upon us, most papers are running their human interest feature on the Polish heart attack catalysts known as paczkis, and The Star is no exception. I would love to gorge myself, Windsor, but I am officially now of the mindset that considers cheat foods in relation to how much treadmill time is required to burn it off. It ain't pretty.

Across the border the big story is on 'Super Tuesday,' the day where over 1,000 delegate votes for both the Republican and Democratic candidates will be up for grabs. By Wednesday morning, that field of four should be down to two, and then it's really on.

Somewhat related, workers in the sex industry report boosts in business during national political conventions, with the Republicans partaking more.

The Guardian takes aim at the current state of the media for laziness and reporting second hand news, something I would never dream of doing here.

Abortion doctor explains why he's stayed in the business for over 30 years after being picketed, shot and stabbed. It's a hell of a read, and one I don't feel like following with some story about something stupid. So there it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home