THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE LANCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENT NEWSPAPER:
NEWS, REVIEWS AND COMMENTARY, COURTESY OF THE PAPER TRAIL

Friday, February 01, 2008

A Brief Indulgence
























On January 31, 2006, I spotted a cute girl on an internet dating site, but opted not to message her, even though she listed Soul Coughing as one of her favourite bands.

On Februay 1, 2006, that same cute girl sent me a message on said internet dating site. I took it as a sign. Turns out it was a smart hunch. Not a day has gone by in the two years since that we have not talked.

I went from a binge drinking philanderer to a committed boyfriend who followed her to two cities and got a cat and a gym membership in the process. I wouldn't trade a minute.

Thank you, Nicole "Lady Trail" Bryant, for the greatest two years I have ever known in my life.

Regular operations will now resume. I apologize for the interruption.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Hollywood said...

Congratulations. Two people couldn't deserve each other any more then the both of you.

Much Love

8:59 AM

 
Blogger winebaran said...

Have the "Lady" contact her mother and tell her how she managed to change you. Her mother has been trying to change "Papa Trail-in-law" for over 40 years, somewhat unsuccessfully.

3:42 PM

 
Anonymous lucas said...

Jordan, it is good to hear that all is well and good and happy in "trail-land".
It was good to see you last week and hopefully we can catch up some more sometime soon.
take care buddy!!!

1:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home