THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE LANCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENT NEWSPAPER:
NEWS, REVIEWS AND COMMENTARY, COURTESY OF THE PAPER TRAIL

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Not quite the state of the world, not quite a waste of time

Now Wednesday is typically the day when a new volume of the mothership goes online. A quick jaunt over to pastthepages.ca reveals that either Lindsey's being really lazy, or my print compatriots might be done for the semester, which strikes me as odd, since I thought there was always one print edition in December. There was in my day, I'll tell you that.

And I know you're asking the same question you asked last December: Trail, will you still be with us to delight and entertain during this stressful exam-filled month? Of course I will, babies. Look forward to me continuing to keep an eye on things at your beloved institution and city, while reserving a moment now and then to take the piss at Gord Henderson. At least, until the 23rd or so, when I will be sans ordinateur until just before the new year.

Remember, children: you can only live on the goodwill of others for so long. Moving on, since nothing happened in Windsor today:

  • In light of the upcoming reunion show, Slate looks at how Led Zeppelin ruined themselves by writing Stairway to Heaven, and reminds you why Zep are awesome in the first place.

  • If you know me at all, Windsor, you know I hate whales. I think they're important to our ecology and should be protected and respected, I just have no intention of doing that myself. I think they're ugly, and more than a little terrifying. So you know I must find a story worthwhile if it's on whales. Currently, Greenpeace is holding a survey to name a humpback they've adopted. Choices range from Anahi [Persion for 'immortal'] to Veikko [Finnish for 'brother']. Currently leading in the polls?

    Mr. Splashy Pants
    .

    Now oddly, Greenpeace seems to have extended til the 7th, due to "popular demand". Some are taking this as an opportunity to defeat Mr. Splashy Pants in the voting. I would never suggest that anyone who reads this blog ensure that Mr. Splashy Pants is the victorious moniker. But if that's something you wanted to do, you can vote here.

  • Staying all environmental for a moment, Knut, the world's most adorable polar bear cub turned one-year-old today. You will recall that animal activists wanted him killed. No comment, just statement of fact.

  • The war against Christmas kicks off overseas.

  • A cat experiences zero gravity. Where science and animal cruelty meet, comedy emerges.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Lindsey R said...

While I am lazy, our last print edition of the year came out last week:P You can listen to Ryan's sports broadcast on the right side of the sports page if you're itchin' for more Lance-related goodness, though!

2:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home