THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE LANCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENT NEWSPAPER:
NEWS, REVIEWS AND COMMENTARY, COURTESY OF THE PAPER TRAIL

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Eff My Life

So get this, Windsor. Not only was I going to have to return the Mac I'd been borrowing for the past year when I return home this holiday season [can't be mad, it was never mine to begin with], but I go to turn the thing on this morning, and apparently my using Adobe InDesign caused the thing to shit the bed. I think I know what the problem is, but don't know if I can fix it without wiping the hard drive completely. Either way, the thing won't boot up properly.

This is not a completely horrible thing, most items I had saved on there could be easily reacquired, but the disparate pieces of that novel I was working on last month are on there, and I find the idea of losing them extremely saddening. And just when I was starting to think I'd taken enough time away from it to come at it with fresh eyes. Goddamn.

Point being, we do have another internet-able computer in the house, so I should be able to give you updates, but I am now sharing a computer with an English teacher who is marking term exams. So things could get sketchy, that's all I am saying. I do my best for you, Windsor.

PS: XBox has taken an early lead, but I think of the Kingdom Heartses and Final Fantasies of RPG and arena fighting varieties, and my heart weeps a little. Developing, but decided soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BACK UP YOUR DATA! BACK UP YOUR DATA! BACK UP YOUR DATA! BACK UP YOUR DATA! BACK UP YOUR DATA! BACK UP YOUR DATA! BACK UP YOUR DATA! BACK UP YOUR DATA! BACK UP YOUR DATA! BACK UP YOUR DATA! BACK UP YOUR DATA! BACK UP YOUR DATA! BACK UP YOUR DATA! BACK UP YOUR DATA! BACK UP YOUR DATA! BACK UP YOUR DATA! BACK UP YOUR DATA! BACK UP YOUR DATA! BACK UP YOUR DATA!

I hope this helps...oh ya, BACK UP YOUR DATA!

PB Jr.

12:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home