THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE LANCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENT NEWSPAPER:
NEWS, REVIEWS AND COMMENTARY, COURTESY OF THE PAPER TRAIL

Friday, November 23, 2007

This and That

One week to go, currently at 21,206. Your man is not optimistic, Windsor. It can still be done, but it'll be a hustle, and most of the weekend will be a write off as it is, with plans I can't mention at risk of ruining a surprise tonight, and then work tomorrow at 7.00 a.m. followed by a six hour band practice after. Whooo! But I'll gve you a report on tonight's event after I attend it.

I got some videos for you to cap off your week, some funny, some bizarre, but first I wanted to share my pick of the week, possibly the month. There's this married couple from Australia who for about a year now have been posting videos of themselves doing cover songs. All of them are good, some are all right, but some are like, transcendent. The following clip of them doing Michael Jackson's 'Rock With You' just makes me feel really good for so many reasons. They're both so talented, and the love they have for the music they play is so evident. And damn her smile can light up a room, eh?



If that doesn't make you smile, we're not friends anymore.

So Gord had a column yesterday, I'm not going to bother going into detail but I will point out the quote from auto expert Dennis DesRosiers on the sturm und drang of Windsor's economic future: "Why can't we unite behind some of these fundamental issues (like the engineering school)? Nobody wants to work together. Incompetence is all over the place. I won't go down the list. It's too long."

Parentheses, huh? Gooord? Did Dennis really mean the engineering school, or are you taking liberties. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but it screams out that you stuck that reference in there yourself. Just saying.

And to start your weekend off right, if you haven't seen it yet, enjoy this message from the friendly environmentalists of The Green Team. Contains some NSFW language and a questionable implication of sexual assault.



Enjoy your weekend, kids!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home