THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE LANCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENT NEWSPAPER:
NEWS, REVIEWS AND COMMENTARY, COURTESY OF THE PAPER TRAIL

Monday, November 19, 2007

Quickness on a busy day

Quickies today, Windsor. I just walked in the door, only to have to head back to the store at nine o'clock tonight for the pre-xmas general meeting. You are correct, Jericho is finally making his return tonight, and I'll be gone. Should have known.
  • I know you think I'm being lazy whenever I tell you it's a slow news day, but I would like to share with you some headlines over at the Windsor Star: Biologists doubt eagles are snagging local pets; Parents want skate park; and my favourite, New lock deters heartless thieves. Do you really want me to summarize any of those, Windsor?

  • It's taser city over at the Globe as the BC government announces it will launch a public inquiry in the death of Polish immigrant Robert Dziekanski. They also share with us the comforting tidbit that 79% of taser incidents are on on unarmed people. Super.

  • Elsewhere: Google is in fact trying to take over the world; when you're drunk and can't get to the McD's on College and Huron Church, don't drive to the nearest establishment, break in and cook it yourself. That's illegal; secret meeting with oil cartel officials broadcast by mistake; man wins $600K in Florida lottery and thinks he's smart enough to keep it from his wife. Bonus points for most unfortunate surname I've seen today.
Naptime!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home