THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE LANCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENT NEWSPAPER:
NEWS, REVIEWS AND COMMENTARY, COURTESY OF THE PAPER TRAIL

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Metaphorical Music

As I have to be up in five and a half hours for work, I just wanted to let you all know that our bandwidth issue regarding the audio player has been resolved [I think], and you will now find a new batch of tracks to irritate you when you come to the site.

Think of the selections as twofold. If you've been here at all over the past year you know the name Nujabes. The Japanese DJ/Producer/Record store owner has become a favourite around these parts ever since we discovered him on the Samurai Champloo soundtracks. It just so happens our man has a new album out, and in celebration of that fact, the playlist features samples from that album, as well as a couple hits from his previous efforts that I haven't included before.

As well, with winter fast approaching and snow becoming a stronger threat every day, my musical tastes become a little more mellow, a little seasonally depressive if you will. I imagine most of these tracks will come to remind me of my first winter and holiday season in the big city. Maybe they can mean something for you. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home