THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE LANCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENT NEWSPAPER:
NEWS, REVIEWS AND COMMENTARY, COURTESY OF THE PAPER TRAIL

Friday, November 16, 2007

World Statin'

A day off means fully rested and free to novel the hell out of the afternoon, once I get those damn dishes that have been sitting in the sink for a week out of there. Don't call, don't write, don't visit. I am indisposed. So let's get this done.
  • A Glasgow man has paid $170K for the Led Zeppelin reunion show next month in London. As my high school's #1 Zeppelin fan, I can tell you right now, hear me now: the show will suck all kinds of monkey balls.

    I remember being exultant back in the 90's when Page and Plant started doing their little shows here and there, and you know what happened? They tweaked all the songs to accommodate Plant's weaker voice [the banshee wail was long gone by 73's Houses of the Holy, which is still my favourite Zeppelin album, FYI], and didn't play a single song like it was originally recorded. So you can drop your hundreds of thousands of dollars, boss. If you think you're hearing Stairway, you've lost it. At least you'll get John Paul Jones this time out, who hopefully can ground P&P's incessant noodling. Play 'em like the album, boys. No tricks.

  • National Geographic has an awesome article up on the weirdness that is human memory. Given the subject of my Nano project, I feel like this article was hand deliviered by God himself for me.

  • A followup to yesterday: The Globe analyzes the video of the tasing death of Robert Dziekanski.

  • Florida offers you the best online time wasters, about two years too late [Subservent chicken? Really? ]; Kentucky man robs an ice cream store with a stapler; Bank robber apprehended two days after heist, spotted wearing the same clothes he had on when he robbed the place, only now splattered with bank dye. Dumd-dumb di-day.
Hungry. Breakfast now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home