THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE LANCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENT NEWSPAPER:
NEWS, REVIEWS AND COMMENTARY, COURTESY OF THE PAPER TRAIL

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Party Winds Down

















Ask anyone who was a regular reader here last year, this blog ran hot and cold according to one clear life condition: When The Trail had a day job v. when The Trail did not have a day job. I'm sure we'd all agree that things are considerably better around here when The Trail does not have a day job.

But Daddy has bills. And while Lady Trail is a teacher, and makes considerable contributions to the continued ownership and upkeep of our quiet midtown home, it is unfair to have her do it alone.

So I am sad to announce that starting Friday, things around here will move to the much more hectic and fancy free posting style of Dayjob Trail, as I begin working shifts at Canada's favourite bookselling corporation. You'll still get twice a day, and the fact that I won't come home dirty and with broken feet ought to make things a little easier than last year's tenure in 'the warehouse'.

But it's not all weeping and gnashing yet. You'll still get one more day of unemployed Trail tomorrow, and hell, who even knows how many shifts they'll give me? Yeah, I know, bookstore at the holidays, right? Anyway, to conclude tonight, I give you the best thing I saw on the interwebs today, The Cinnamon Challenge.

The gist is that word got out it was impossible for a human being to eat a spoonful of cinnamon. Never ones to back away from a challenge, young people everywhere are now downing tablespoons of the stuff to try and be the first. None have succeeded. No one knows why, but this is apparently an impossible task to perform. And I in no way encourage any of you to try it. But we can watch other people.



PS: If you are a writer using a Mac, I once again heartily recommend Scrivener. It's what I'll be using for Nanowrimo this year, and it's an organizational godsend. Good thing the demo will last me the month, natch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home