THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE LANCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENT NEWSPAPER:
NEWS, REVIEWS AND COMMENTARY, COURTESY OF THE PAPER TRAIL

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Fun with books! And other things with words on them.



















A rare look at The Trail collection. And our living room, oddly enough. I know, it's about what you expected.

I forgot to mention it yesterday, but if anyone wants to buy me that giant coffee table retrospective on Takashi Murakami [he of Kanye's 'Graduation' album cover]. I will love you forever. Only $85! Ha!

What else is out there?

Staying with books for a moment, my growing TTC love leads me to this book of every rapid transit map in the world. Six months ago I wouldn't have known what I'd have ever done with such a thing, now I can't stop thinking about it.

This one actually took me a minute before I realized it was hysterical.

This flier scores an epic win for its creator, and for its subject.

Real Life Edit: Our upstairs neighbour is an opera singer, and we were told that he does rehearse in the house, but not very often. As I write this, I can hear him upstairs. I don't know about you, but that's pretty effin cool.

One book I've been asked about multiple times since I started working for Heather is Foreskin's Lament by Shalom Auslander. I'd never even heard of this memoir about a regular guy trying to grow up within the confines of orthodox Judaism, but the people tell me it's really good. Bookslut has an interview with the author up with this very second.

Speaking of Bookslut, you should really go there as much as humanly possible.

I think that's all you get right now. Really, you people need more? Why don't yo ujust order some amazing yet reasonably priced clothes from Gama-Go and leave me alone for tonight. Or tell me what you're reading, so I can get better in tune with the people who come in and ask vague questions like, "I need a compelling read for my daughter," or "My husband likes boy books." Incidentally, I suggested Heather O'Neill and Douglas Coupland for the former, and Ian Rankin for the latter. I'm new, give me a break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home