THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE LANCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENT NEWSPAPER:
NEWS, REVIEWS AND COMMENTARY, COURTESY OF THE PAPER TRAIL

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Variations on a Theme

Suited up the old kevlar and headed out to Scarborough tonight so the Lady could continue her shopping adventure for "Teacher Clothes." I'm not saying that Scarborough is the worst place in Ontario one way or the other, Windsor, alls I know is that every time the morning news tells me about a random shooting or stabbing or forced window ejection, it seems to happen there. Just saying, is all. Discovered two things at the Town Centre:

1. When the Lady shops, The Trail has a lot of time to people watch, and witnessed a young black man on his cell phone pass a young black woman, also on her cell phone. Their exchange consisted of him placing his hand on her stomach, which she flicked off as she continued on her way. I'm not going to say I'm an authority on black modes of communication, Windsor, but I suspect the young man was trying to hit on her.

Really? That actually happens? I thought that sort of thing only took place in videos. Pretty poor excuse for game.

2. Staying with the theme, sort of, I freely admit I do not understand the current trends in urban fashion. The 'rainbow vomit' hoodie trend is one I find particularly perplexing, if only because the colours are usually so loud and uncomplimentary I can't see why anyone would pay the 300 dollars to own one.

But occasionally, one catches my eye, and I wonder to myself, where I can I get it. This is Toronto, the yellow pages unfolded before me, clearly there must be a store that sells bootlegged designer streetwear. Now I know. Jazz, in the Scarborough Town Centre, is my fake-ass designer hoodie hookup. Now someone give me 90 bucks for that fake black on white Bathing Ape piece. I'd like the brown Kaws tee as well.

And when someone asks me if my shit is fake, I will say yes. Yes it is.

To conclude the theme, two highly skilled South Korean DJs. Ages eight and five.

Kid DJs - Watch more free videos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home