THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE LANCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENT NEWSPAPER:
NEWS, REVIEWS AND COMMENTARY, COURTESY OF THE PAPER TRAIL

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Here and There

Not to make it sound like I suffered in Kingston, but coming from the pirated American satellite of my parents, I found Cogeco digital cable a little lacking. My beloved VH1 and G4 were taken from me, leaving me with at best, Canadian IFC and The White Rapper Show on Muchmoremusic.

Now we have Rogers, since Rogers has a stranglehold on the communications industry in the GTA, and while I still miss my VH1, I have G4 again, and find it...lacking.

For those not in the know, G4 is the tech/gear/gaming/nerd culture network. I used to live for Attack of the Show a couple years ago and still enjoy what I've seen recently, but the rest of the network and most of the hosts can take the plunge as far as I'm concerned.

When was it decided that the common factor for any program trying to be cool while dealing with tech or gaming or comics should be snark? Eff, I can't even watch XPlay anymore, Sessler and Webb are both so frigging miserable, and they give every game a 3/5 anyway so what's the point? Like, I know Webb's supposed to be all sex-ay for the fanboys cause she's a skinny girl who knows her way around a 360, but her onscreen personality is way too cooler-than-thou. Hey, G4 Powers That Be: your viewers already feel like losers when watching the rest of the dial, give 'em a damn break on the one channel that's for them.

Honestly, every show on that network is nothing but jerks and a-holes. XPlay, the IT Crowd, Code Monkeys, everyone's an a-hole! Except for Pereira. I like that dude.

You know what makes Adult Swim so good? The fact that it only runs for a few hours a night, not all day every day. Learn from them, G4.

Though occasionally they do deliver, like when they gave me this video highlighting all the wonderful crap that the internets has given us. Through song!



How many did you remember?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Lulu hahahah said...

lol
so many "cool" internet people in that video. It makes me wonder how much time i actually waste on the net...stupid wireless in every classroom!!!

8:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home