THE OFFICIAL BLOG OF THE LANCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR STUDENT NEWSPAPER:
NEWS, REVIEWS AND COMMENTARY, COURTESY OF THE PAPER TRAIL

Friday, August 17, 2007

Appealing to the Hivemind

So I'm typically pretty resourceful with these things, but have hit a total wall, so bear with me, and help if you can.

Back in the days when Muchmusic was good, they had a late night electronic show called rU Receiving?, and I'm looking for a video/song that aired on it fairly frequently.

The problem is I can't remember the name of the artist or track. Here's what I know.
  • The beat was sketchy and chaotic in that Aphex Twin kind of way, where the drums sound all squishy and farty and off-time.
  • The video was just a white background with geometric shapes vibrating in time to the music.
  • I suspect the artist's name was James something, and the song title was something very prosaic and had something to do with math, hence the shapes in the video.

A long shot, I know. But should the stars align and someone knows this song, let me know and you can have a dollar.*

*Dollar to be supplied by Lance EiC D'Arcy Bresson. Find him in the Lance offices, CAW Centre, basement, across from the Thirsty Scholar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home